When you have made up your mind to buy a condominium in Semenyih but most property buyers are ambiguous with agents, they are afraid that the agent that they engaged are dishonest or untrustworthy.
Every industry has their very own bad apple that’s no different to any other industry.
Unfortunately, the property sector is largely unregulated when it comes to fraudulent because a license is not required in order to describe yourself as an expert.
At the end, do you know who can walk the walk and who is just talking the talk?
So, what is a the objective of property spruiker?
Their main goal is to profit, which means they gain at your expense.
They do this in growing number ways, ranging from blatantly obvious to downright sneaky, and sometimes their ploy can often start with something as simple as phone call or SMS.
Usually, their messages will entice you by offering you tickets to ‘free’ seminar that promises to teach you how to get rich in the shortest time, sounds too good to be true?
Here’s the catch, their ultimate goal is to pull you in with intrigue and hopeful promises of big money and it works for many Malaysians.
We advise that if you have been approached by someone similar with the method above, put on your detective cap and get sleuthing.
Here’s how you can detect the property spruiker.
With the availability of information through the internet, you can Google their name and the company they claimed to be calling from.
Next, check out their website (if their website is unavailable, it’s a red flag), social media like Facebook pages and always listen to your instincts. If you noticed the site that looks informal, unprofessional and lack of details, do take that as a warning sign and red-flagged it.
What’s even interesting is that if Google search ties their name to previous scams or bad reports, you can take that as a definite sign of beguiling and cease all contact with them immediately.
Here are some of the warning symptoms you need to be aware of
- When they are selling you with a list of property stocks
- When you are feeling pressured to rush into saying yes to whatever they are offering, whether to attend seminar, signing up with their company to gain advice and any other sales tactics
- Your spruiker offering to help you with fees payment through personal loan or credit allowance
- Sidestepping or refusing to clarify any questions or concerns you might have
- Downplaying risks and related costs that are involved in property investing, and/or an inability to substantiate their claims of profit and success. If what they claimed is true in helping many people achieve success, where’s the proof?
Being a professional property investment advisor or also known as property agent, they should be clear and concise when explaining the ins and outs of investing to you.
They should be delighted to answer any questions you have to ensure you completely understand everything.
Their rightful goal is that they should be able to assist you in matching your investment plan to your risk profile, to help you avoid getting into a financial situation you are unable to deal with, and they categorically won’t be trying to push you into anything you don’t feel comfortable with.
If you want to get the ideal and sound advise, find a property agent who are:
- Not afraid to pass on references of their satisfied previous clients
- Able to show you their REN (Real Estate Negotiator) number tag or REA (Real Estate Agent) tag
- Take into account your individual situation and circumstances, comparing those with your desired goals and creating the best strategy from that, instead of just giving you a standard plan that is not tailored to your needs and wants
- Open in their investment method or approach. Are they explaining all aspects of their proposed strategy? Does it seems reasonable? Are they upfront with their approach or are they seemingly trying to cloud some of the specifics?
- Willing to make sure all the necessary checks and repairs are conducted before settlement occurs, in order to ensure everything is above board